“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Monday, January 31, 2011

Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar…. me!

I unashamedly admit that I have issues when it comes to sweets.  I could probably be professionally diagnosed as having an addiction to sugar, but since I haven’t yet received a diagnosis I will continue to get my daily saccharine fix.

Among all things sweet, cookies are probably at the very top of my list, with bite size candies coming in a close second.  I like to always have fresh baked cookies on hand in our house and usually make them once or twice a week.  If my husband and I are on ‘good’ behavior and we don’t devour the cookies as each sheet comes out of the oven, I like to save some of the dough and make cookie dough balls to freeze for baking later in the week.  

This week I made a new chocolate chip cookie recipe and it is phenomenal! The secret is a box of instant vanilla pudding, which generates the moistest (is that even a word?) cookie you will ever taste.  The whole batch lasted 2 days in our house….like I said before, I have issues when it comes to sweets!  Happy Baking!



Ingredients  
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used ¾ package of mini-chocolate chips)
Directions
1.     Preheat oven to 375 degrees (I baked them at 325 degrees)
2.     In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
3.     Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yields  approximately 4 dozen

(One of my ‘go to’ websites)

Kristen

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to bake some of these... hopefully this weekend!

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.