“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is..

Love is…
love-is-66-1995
a sign that spring can’t be far away.
Love is...by Kim Casali

February is the shortest month of the year, but for me it always seems like the longest. It is dreary and gray and cold. I begin to hope for spring, but know that it is still far away. I find myself having a negative attitude in February; not everyday, but more than I would like. On these 'blah' February days I have to make a conscious effort to to be loving, and kind, and patient and many days I fall short.

But this weekend we got an early taste of spring. I spent quality time with my family enjoying the sun and mild weather.We went for a walk on Sunday afternoon and as my husband and I watched our son run ahead of us we mused about the future and reminisced about the "old" days; the dating days, the early marriage days, the pre baby days. We were married for many years before we had Little Man and I am truly thankful for the time we had just the two of us. We built a strong foundation for our family,but the love we shared then does not even compare to the love we know now. We love each other not just as husband and wife, but as Little Man's parents.

I meet this Valentine's Day with a truly joyful heart. When winter weather returns, as I'm sure it will, I will warm my heart and brighten my spirit by thinking of the reminder that spring will return and being thankful for those I love as I did this lovely Valentine's weekend.

Naomi

P.S.
That Love is... comic got me thinking about the original "Love is..." So, I thought I'd share a little reflection on Love. Happy Valentine's Day!


Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe I just read this and it made me tear up a little! You are an amazing wife and mother and I only hope I will be the same! Reading the Love is.. never gets old!

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.