“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strawberry Frosting

This recipe post is going to differ a little than the ones we have listed here before.  Everything we have posted we have actually made, but I am going to go ahead and share this one for strawberry frosting that I am going to make today for some Valentine cupcakes.  I am going to pull a Sandra Lee (semi-homemade) trick and use a box cake mix (devils food) since my Saturday is jam packed and I need to have these ready for coffee fellowship at my church on Sunday morning.  I am going to make mini-cupcakes and top with this frosting – I am excited and will let you know how they turn out!
I got this recipe out of the cookbook Screen Doors & Sweet Tea by Martha Hall Foose and I plan on making several more things from it (pimento cheese, egg salad, red velvet cake…mmm).

Homemade Strawberry Frosting
½ cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
2 Tbs. strawberry jam
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 (8 oz) pkg. of cream cheese, softened
1 ½ c. (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted 
  1. In saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, jam, and lemon juice.  Stir for 5 minutes and until the jam is melted and the strawberries are soft.  Mush up any big pieces.
  2. With a mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy. 
  3. On low speed, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix till well combined.
  4. Add the strawberries and mix at low speed until blended. 
  5. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Kristen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.