“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Monday, February 28, 2011

Tip – Reusable Shopping Bags

I have used cloth shopping bags for about 2 years now.  I have my green Harris Teeter bags and a couple of random plain canvas bags.  When I first started trying to use them I had a hard time remembering to take them with me, but these days it is second nature and I grab them as I head out the door to go shopping.  Every now and then I forget them and beat myself up over the 4-5 plastic (if at Wal-Mart or Target) bags that I will have to use (hopefully they offer paper), but again that doesn’t happen too often.  

I know that using cloth/canvas bags is pretty popular these days, but in case you haven’t joined the bandwagon, I really encourage you to.  Plastic bags take an incredible amount of time to break down (if they ever really do).  I found this small article interesting: The Good Human.com
 
Maybe carrying these bags is the hip thing to do these days, but cloth bags usually hold a lot more too and don’t fall apart as you are hauling your groceries in from the car.  I have four bags and most of the time they fit all my items during my weekly shopping trip.  I am far from being a “Mother Earth” type, but I have tried to make a few small changes to my family’s choices in hopes of being more responsible in taking care of this beautiful planet that we have been given to live on.

1 comments:

KC Hart said...

I love these cloth bags too, but I'll add - be sure to wash them!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/03/fecal-matter-72-percent-grocery-carts/

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.