“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Paula Deen’s Chocolate Bundles with Chocolate Sauce


This is a decadent treat! But what makes it even better is that it is sooo simple to make.  I got this one from Paula Deen Celebrates! It is one of her Valentine’s Day recopies, so with the holiday quickly approaching I decided to give it a try.  I made a few changes to suit my taste and because I forgot part of the ingredients when I went to the store. I’ve noted my changes in the recipe.
Chocolate Bundles with Chocolate Sauce
Bundles
1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
2 eggs
1 teaspoon whipping cream (an ingredient I forgot, so I just left it out)
8 chocolate Kisses
8 miniature chocolate candy bars (Paula recommends Snickers. I used Milky Way)
Chocolate Sauce
½ cup whipping cream
4 ounces milk chocolate broken into small pieces
(Forgot the whipping cream so I just skipped this step, but it would be oh so delicious.)
Garnish
Sweetened whipping cream
Sliced strawberries ( I used sprinkles because the strawberries just didn’t look ripe enough on my trip to the grocery store.)
(I used Cool Whip – again because I forgot the whipping cream- and sprinkles.)
1.       Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.       2. To make the bundles, allow the puff pastry to thaw, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature. When it is pliable, unfold the pastry and cut the sheet into four 4x4 inch squares.
3.       Beat the eggs and cream together to make an egg wash. Brush the entire surface of each pastry square with egg wash. In the center of each pastry square, place 2 Kisses and 2 mini candy bars. Pull the corners of each square up around the chocolate, and twist the top of the dough clockwise to complete the “bundle.” Brush the exteriors of the bundles with more egg wash.
4.        Place the bundles on the cookie sheet. Bake about 35 min, until golden brown.
5.       Chocolate Sauce: In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl and pour the hot cream over the top. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
6.       Puddle the chocolate sauce on a plate and place a bundle on top. Top with whipped cream and additional sauce. Serve the bundles garnished with strawberry slices!
Make this recipe for you loved ones on Valentine’s Day! I made this recipe this past weekend for some people we love very much and they agreed these bundles are absolutely rich and delicious.  While eating these bundles we came up with an alternate version you may want to try. Instead of the mini candy bars why not dark chocolate kisses and raspberry preserves! Have fun making your own version and let me know what you come up with!
Naomi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.