“…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:17-18

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ravioli Bake (or as Little Man calls it, Olio)


This was an instant hit from the very first time I made it. I can’t remember where I got the recipe to start with, but I have made some variation of this dish once every few weeks since. Most of the time I make it meatless (the way I prefer it) and sometimes I make it with meat (the way my hubbie prefers it).

Little Man loves it too!

I love this meal mostly because it is so delicious, but also because it is quick, easy, and versatile. Bear with me as I share the recipe. If you like exact measurements you may have difficulty, but give it one try and you will see why I leave so many choices up to the cook.

Ground Italian sausage or ground beef (optional)
1 large package of frozen ravioli (large or mini)- do not thaw or cook
1 can of your favorite pasta sauce
1 bag of fresh spinach (or even better- Kristens's homemade pasta sauce!)
Any veggies you want*
1 large bag shredded Mozzarella cheese

Brown meat (if using meat) and drain off grease. Add pasta sauce. Spread half of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a 13in. x 6in casserole dish. Place ravioli in a single layer over sauce. Add a layer of veggies. Add a layer of spinach (Keep in mind the spinach will cook down.) If you have any ravioli left add another layer. End with a layer of the remaining half of the sauce mixture and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes at 400.

* Veggies I have used and love are: sliced zucchini, sliced squash, mushrooms, shredded carrots, a bag of frozen California mix, and in a pinch I have made it with only the spinach. Use any combination you like!





2 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

That looks delicious. I've never bought ravioli before. Is there a particular brand you prefer?

Also Little Man is super cute in that pic. I love the shirt.

Naomi and Kristen said...

I do not have a favorite brand, just which ever cost less.

Post a Comment

Kind comments welcome. We love to hear from you.